Democrats of North Siskiyou Meeting: May 21, 2007, 5:30 PM at the Purple Plum in Yreka
Democrats of North Siskiyou County (DNSC)
May 21st, 2008
In Attendance: Jo Peterson, Lee and Marilyn Pettenger, Brian Causway,
Tony Hill, Dolly and Dick Verrue, Jim Salzman, Nancy Schaeffer, and Harry Shannon
1) Approval of minutes:
- April meetings minutes approved after correcting JoAn from JoAnn. Dolly motioned, Lee seconded.
2) Treasury Report:
- Tony said we’re doing good have 1,050.60 in bank. Approved.
3) Movie Night Update:
- Jo had reserved a room in the Yreka community center. We presented the movie Sicko.
- All who attended agreed it was a successful way to re-introduce our club to the community.
- 12-14 people attended.
- The discussion and atmosphere was good.
- The cookies were good.
- Harry will check with the Yreka Library to look into possible venue change and policies regarding Democrats.
- Tony moved to make it a regular monthly event. All favored.
- Movie night will continue through the summer. June 22nd, 2008 will be the next movie night.
- Suggested donations at the door. Ice cream and popcorn available.
- War Made Easy – June 22nd
- TBD – July
- TBD – August
- Need to place an Ad in the Local Newspaper.
- Set-up begins at 2PM. Movie starts at 3PM.
4) Ft. Jones Yard Sale:
- The annually Ft. Jones Yard Sale will be held June 7th, 2008 at Tony’s house on Carlock St.
- We will have the Democrats sign out with donations jar and “stuff” for sale.
- Need three people to volunteer from 9AM – 2PM
5) Democrats Running for W. Hergers seat:
- Jeff Morris
- John Jacobson
- Arjinderpal Sekhon
6) Yreka Gold Rush Days June 21st, 2008:
- Our booth will be located in front of the Ohlund’s Office Supply 204 W. Miner St. Yreka, CA
- Democrats both will be stored at Brian’s house in Yreka since Tony will be out of the area June 21st, 2008.
- By next meeting (June 18th) confirm volunteers for event staffing
7) Democrats HQ in Yreka:
- Tony Proposed having our office open five days a week Tue. – Sat. 12PM – 6PM … Will be discussed in more detail as September approaches.
- Expected expenses for the HQ is Rent, Cable, Telephone Line, Computer access
- Man power is one of the BIG issues we will face this coming fall. We need to organize a list of available volunteers and possible backups in case of no shows or emergency
- Possibly contacting the Obama Campaign for help with monetary and staffing needs
- Will try to obtain office building from Sept. 15th – Nov. 15th
- All in club are determined to work towards the office goal this fall
8) Announcements / Upcoming Meetings:
- Take Back Red California (TBRC) will be having a fundraiser in Sonoma County at an undetermined Date
- Region 2 Meeting June 2nd at Bechelli Lane in Redding, CA
Motion for meeting to be adjourned by Marilyn, Seconded by Tony
The next SCDCC Meeting will be held at Big D’s BBQ in Weed, CA June 2nd, 2008
The next DNC Meeting will be held at The Purple Plum in Yreka, CA June 18th, 2008