Democrats of North Siskiyou County (DNSC)
July 16th, 2008
In Attendance: Jo Peterson, Diane & Larry Johnson, Brian Causway, Linelle Diggs, Norma Geyer, Michael Cassady
Tony Hill, Grace Kensley, JoEllen Raymaker, Phyllis Starr, Marilyn & Lee Pettenger, and Harry Shannon
1) Approval of minutes:
2) Treasury Report:
- Tony said we’re doing great and we have 1,518.60 in bank. +$177.00 Just received from Movie night and Gold Rush Days
3) Siskiyou Golden Fair:
- Tim our lawyer is going to find out if we can sell things at the fair.
- To schedule time at the fair booth contact Larry of Central Committee
4) Movie Night Update:
- Jo had reserved a room in the Yreka community center. We will present the movie “American Blackout”.
- Information about the movie will be put into the Siskiyou Daily
- Larry & Diane will bring popcorn and Soda
- Jo will bring cookies
- Set-up begins at 2PM. Movie starts at 3PM.
- Goal of movie is to bring democrats who are not interested in planning meeting and become involved in their county.
5) Dem. HQ:
- JoEllen will talk to one of her friends
- Will transfer phone to active member
6) Yreka Gold Rush Days June 21st, 2008:
- Our booth was located in front of the Ohlund’s Office Supply 204 W. Miner St. Yreka, CA
- It was a success. Raised $87.00.
- For future events bring democrat balloons
- We will have a booth? Or our office for Septemberfest
- More details next meeting
- Jo has typed up a letter and will be editing it to send out to Obama supporters
9) Announcements / Upcoming Meetings / New Business:
- Discussed neighborhood leader program
- Build grassroots in local county
Motion for meeting to be adjourned
The next SCDCC Meeting will be held at Big D’s in Weed, CA August 4th, 2008
The next DNC Meeting will be held at The HQ’s in Yreka, CA August 20th, 2008