Democrats of North Siskiyou County (DNSC)
June 18th, 2008
In Attendance: Jo Peterson, Diane &Larry Johnson, Brian, Amanda & Julia Causway,
Tony Hill, Pat McCallister, Cinda Caine, JoAn Saltzen, Jim Salzman, Harry Shannon and Grace Bennett
1) Approval of minutes:
- May meetings minutes approved after correcting “both” to “booth” and “June 2nd” to “June7th”. Tony motioned, Cinda seconded.
2) Treasury Report:
- Tony said we’re doing great and we have 1,483.60 in bank. Jo motioned, Diane seconded.
3) Grace Bennett:
- Grace spoke about herself and why we should vote and support her.
- Her goals for the county are to:
- Maintain police and law enforcement
- Preserve our natural resources emphases on timbers and mining
- City of Yreka to work with county and neighboring cities / towns
- Park and Ride spot & increased public transportation
- Preserve and improve senior programs
- Bring more business to Yreka
- Work on revitalizing downtown Yreka
- Vote to endorse Grace. All Favored, No opposed.
- We will put her pamphlets on our booth for Yreka Gold Rush Days
4) Movie Night Update:
- Jo had reserved a room in the Yreka community center. We will present the movie “War Made Easy”.
- Information about the movie will be put into the Siskiyou Daily
- Larry & Diane will bring popcorn and Soda
- JoAn will bring cookies
- Set-up begins at 2PM. Movie starts at 3PM.
5) Ft. Jones Yard Sale:
- The annually Ft. Jones Yard Sale was held June 7th, 2008 at Tony’s house on Carlock St.
- Good turnout and we made our goal. We made $280.00 gross at the yard sale
- Kudos to Tony and Brian for spending all day selling
6) Yreka Gold Rush Days June 21st, 2008:
- Our booth is located in front of the Ohlund’s Office Supply 204 W. Miner St. Yreka, CA
- Brian & Jo will setup from 8am-10am.
- Diane and Larry will be there 10am-12pm
- JoAn and Cinda will be there 12pm-2pm
- Harry and Jo will be there 2pm-4pm
7) Yreka Library:
- Harry reported that the Yreka Library is very interested in progressive DVD’s. but if we do not want them sold then we must keep a pedigree with the movies in case they every want to get rid of them.
- Jim said he would contact people who had previously donated money threw Huffington Post Fundraiser
9) Announcements / Upcoming Meetings / New Business:
- Need to order stickers, signs, buttons, ect. … All favored to spend $125.00 for materials
- Can take donations at Yreka Golden Fair but cannot solicit for them or sell items at the fair
- Look into Septemberfest Booth
- Update on Website and Greg Messer Video
Motion for meeting to be adjourned
The next SCDCC Meeting will be held at Ming’s in Yreka, CA July 7th, 2008
The next DNC Meeting will be held at The Purple Plum in Yreka, CA July 16th, 2008